We Sincerely Thank All Who Attended the
Twelfth Annual Night of Hope
A Rainbow and Roses Benefit Evening
which was held on
Saturday, November 17, 2012 – Omni William Penn Hotel
Somewhere over the rainbow dreams do come true!
2012 Night of Hope Event Details:
We thank all those who attended the Twelfth Annual Night of Hope on November 17, 2012. Included in the audience were Mother's Hope Foundation Honorary Chairman, Pierre Larouche, and Mario and Nathalie Lemieux, Mr. and Mrs. Pascal Dupuis, Mr. and Mrs. Eddie Johnston, as well as Cathy Howe, Executive Director of Mother's Hope Foundation with her husband, Jim, and family. Very special guest, The Most Reverend David A. Zubik, Bishop of the Diocese of Pittsburgh, graced those in attendance that evening with his invocation. WPXI News Anchor, Peggy Finnegan, was the Emcee, KDKA Sports Anchor, Bob Pompeani, was the Auctioneer and WTAE News Anchor Wendy Bell was in attendance with her husband, Dr. Joseph O'Toole.
Mother's Hope Foundation is thrilled to have Highmark as its Title Sponsor. Christa Fleck and Gloria Mathie from Highmark as well as Highmark guests were in attendance. Dr. Roger and Rose Vega received the Mother's Hope Foundation's Eternal Hope Award for their outstanding generosity toward the children.
The biggest stars were the little ones who attended the event, Mother's Hope Foundation's Poster Children and their families, for they are the reason why the Annual Night of Hope continues to go on every year.
The Auction offered many exciting items, including:
- A dazzling array of authentic sports memorabilia autographed by Mother's Hope Honorary Chairmen, Jaromir Jagr and Marc-Andre Fleury, plus Mario Lemieux, Sidney Crosby, Kris Letang, Brett Kiesel, Troy Palomalu, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew McCutchen , Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Dan Marino
- Traveling Dinner for Ten with a Limousine
- Rounds of golf with Honorary Chairman Pierre Larouche at The Club at Nevillewood
- Luxury Box for 16 at the Consol Energy Center for a Pittsburgh Penguin game
- Women's specialty items including a Diamond Toast Drawing
- Fine-dining certificates
- Fabulous get-away packages including the Greenbrier Resort, Cayman Islands and Atlantic City
- And so much more!
The evening of Love, Life and Hope raised $140,000 for the sick and disadvantaged children that Mother's Hope so desires to help.
Love and compassion filled the ballroom as those gathered created that Rainbow of Hope bringing East and West together as all in attendance opened their hearts to the children suffering from cancer in Western Pennsylvania and to the children who to this day are still living in refugee camps in Bosnia.
We look forward to seeing you next year at our Mother's Hope Foundation's Thirteenth Annual Night of Hope. On behalf of each child Mother's Hope Foundation will touch, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.